Surgery ‘closed for cleaning’ amid coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland surgery is “closed for cleaning” this morning amid the coronavirus outbreak.
George Clare Surgery in Chatteris has advised people not to attend the surgery and that anyone with an appointment should contact reception.
However some local residents believe that the coronavirus could be behind the closure.
Linda Pettit said: 'My mum went for her appointment and was told somebody had it so they have had to close.'
It comes after the surgery temporarily stopped open surgery as of March 9.
You may also want to watch:
A post on their Facebook page this morning reads: 'The surgery is currently closed for cleaning. Please don't attend the surgery, please contact reception if you have an appointment arranged this morning.
'Thank you for your patience and co-operation.'
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned