Chatteris swimming club receives cash injection from town’s mayor
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS Kingfishers Swimming Club received a funding boost from the town’s mayor yesterday.
The club was given a slice of Councillor John Chambers’ Mayors Charity Fund.
Cllr Chambers presented a cheque for £421.20 to Joan Fresher, the club president.
Mrs Fresher said: “I want to thank John, this money will help the committee to continue with the development of our club.”
Cllr Chambers said: “Swimming is important to all of our young people, Chatteris Kingfishers has a reputation of not only teaching swimming but competing at the highest regional levels.”
You may also want to watch:
Other recipients included Chatteris Christmas Lights and Macmillan Nurses.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned