Chatteris teacher at theatre school Razzamataz Cambridge scoops best team member award
A Chatteris teacher was named ‘best team member’ at a conference for a Dragons’ Den supported theatre school franchise.
Laura Dennis, who teaches at theatre school Razzamataz Cambridge, was entered by her principal Emma Louise Campbell, who runs the school.
Laura defeated competition from the other schools within the network.
“I’m delighted for Laura and this award proves just how hard working and dedicated she is every week she comes to Razzamataz,” said Emma.
“Laura has a natural affinity with children and this award has inspired us as a school to keep reaching for new heights.”
Laura joined Razzamataz Cambridge as a trainee singing teacher. In just under 18 months she progressed to be a singing teacher, minis teacher, parties host, workshop leader, summer school teacher and sound technician.
The school was recently invited to perform with Britain’s Got Talent winners Collabro, which involved learning a difficult three-part harmony. To help the children, Laura took the time to learn the piano and was the lead teacher to create a performance.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Some of the students’ feedback includes: “Laura makes everything personal to each of us rather than just being treated as a group” and “Laura isn’t only an amazing singer and singing teacher; she is an amazing friend”.
The best team member award was judged by West End star Jennifer Tierney, who is currently touring in Shrek and has been in a number of high-profile shows including Wicked, Mamma Mia and Jerry Springer The Opera.
Jennifer said: “As a teacher, she is clearly adored by her students but as a team member. She has shown that she is willing to do anything she can to make the best of any situation for the students and the school.
“Supporting her students from the class to performance shows her dedication and worth ethic as not just a teacher but as a person of importance in her students’ lives.”
To find out more and book a free taster session with Razzamataz Cambridge contact principal Emma Louise via Cambridge@razzamataz.co.uk or call 01223 755 113 or 07895347239.
For more information visit www.cambridge.razzamataz.co.uk