Chatteris team wins Pride of Produce World Group Award
- Credit: Archant
A team of workers at a vegetable growing factory in Chatteris have won their company’s Outstanding Innovation of the Year award.
The P5 team at Produce World Chatteris scooped the prize at the Pride of Produce World Group Awards for its onion management, which has led to less onions being rejected for packing due to excessive drying.
Produce World Group farming director Jason Burgess said: “The team put their heads together and came up with a solution that not only solved stock management issues, but also delivered higher quality onions for our customers.”
Andrew Holding, of Produce World Chatteris, said: “The solution is a real team effort with each person taking responsibility for different elements in addressing this problem.
“The new solution means we know exactly how many onions have been conditioned, leading to accurate reports on conditioning history and less issues with stock management.”
You may also want to watch:
There was also recognition for Jon Murgotroyd, who was first runner-up for the Colleague of the Year Award, and the Logistics Yard team, which the first runner-up in the Team Special Recognition Award.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k