Chatteris Tennis Club open day pulls in the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed a fantastic turn out for their Great British Tennis Weekend event which was held on Sunday afternoon.
The event saw all four of the clubs tennis courts being used constantly throughout the afternoon by residents from the local area, including Chatteris, March, Manea, Warboys and Wimblington.
Karen Barwell, of the group, said: “Some of the participants had never played tennis before, whilst others had but some years ago, so it was a great mix of all ages and abilities there to enjoy an afternoon of tennis for free.
“The club members also provided a BBQ and refreshments, along with tennis rackets and balls.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “As a club we are actively seeking new members and this event is the perfect showcase to get more people enjoying the great game of tennis.
You may also want to watch:
“We had several new memberships on the day, and it was clear that everyone enjoyed the afternoon and BBQ”.
The event is to be repeated later this summer (date to be confirmed).
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
The Great British Tennis Weekend is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.