Chatteris Tennis Club open day pulls in the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed a fantastic turn out for their Great British Tennis Weekend event which was held on Sunday afternoon.
The event saw all four of the clubs tennis courts being used constantly throughout the afternoon by residents from the local area, including Chatteris, March, Manea, Warboys and Wimblington.
Karen Barwell, of the group, said: “Some of the participants had never played tennis before, whilst others had but some years ago, so it was a great mix of all ages and abilities there to enjoy an afternoon of tennis for free.
“The club members also provided a BBQ and refreshments, along with tennis rackets and balls.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “As a club we are actively seeking new members and this event is the perfect showcase to get more people enjoying the great game of tennis.
“We had several new memberships on the day, and it was clear that everyone enjoyed the afternoon and BBQ”.
The event is to be repeated later this summer (date to be confirmed).
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
The Great British Tennis Weekend is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.