Chatteris Tennis Club open day pulls in the crowds
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed a fantastic turn out for their Great British Tennis Weekend event which was held on Sunday afternoon.
The event saw all four of the clubs tennis courts being used constantly throughout the afternoon by residents from the local area, including Chatteris, March, Manea, Warboys and Wimblington.
Karen Barwell, of the group, said: “Some of the participants had never played tennis before, whilst others had but some years ago, so it was a great mix of all ages and abilities there to enjoy an afternoon of tennis for free.
“The club members also provided a BBQ and refreshments, along with tennis rackets and balls.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “As a club we are actively seeking new members and this event is the perfect showcase to get more people enjoying the great game of tennis.
“We had several new memberships on the day, and it was clear that everyone enjoyed the afternoon and BBQ”.
The event is to be repeated later this summer (date to be confirmed).
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 10 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
The Great British Tennis Weekend is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.