The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- Credit: ITV
A pest control technician from the Fens is reeling from the surprise of a social media whirlwind describing him as the most “stunning contestant” The Chase has seen in its history.
Fans of the hit ITV game show reacted after they tuned in to see Josh Templeman of Chatteris take on Chaser Shaun Wallace on Tuesday, January 26.
Josh found himself compared to singer and actor Nick Jonas by heart-throbbing fans.
One tweeted “I can appreciate a handsome man when I see one”, while another said: “I think Josh is the most stunning contestant I’ve ever seen on #TheChase”.
Josh also captured celebrity attention, too, with Geordie Shore and Celebs Go Dating star Nathan Henry telling his 397,000 followers that the 23-year-old is “stunning”.
You may also want to watch:
Although he won £5,000 in the cash-builder round, fans were left star-struck on social media for other reasons when Josh appeared around 20 minutes into the show.
The episode, recorded in November, is the first time Josh has featured on TV after applying to go on the show nearly two years ago, and the reaction that has followed is something he did not expect.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
“I love watching the show, and always thought I did alright with the questions when I was watching it,” he said.
“I saw they were taking applicants, so I thought I would see how I would do under the pressure of actually doing it.
“To be honest, I didn’t believe I would actually get on the show!”
The pressure took its toll when he was caught with one question to go, but it was not about the winning that pleased Josh the most.
“I wanted to meet TV legend Bradley Walsh, and I didn’t want to make too much of a fool of myself. Winning would just have been a bonus,” he said.
“I found myself in a bit of a slump and had to hope that Shaun would slip up just once to give me a shot with a question I had some idea about.
“Unfortunately, a few questions I really didn’t have an idea about came through, but I’m happy that I did it. I even got words of support from Shaun after the show.
“It showed me how tough it is to go and do it all live and on camera as opposed to sat on your couch at home.”