Chatteris toddlers raise £443 for Barnardo’s Big Toddle - which will team up with The Teletubbies for 2017
- Credit: Archant
Toddlers in Chatteris helped raise £443 for Barnardo’s by dressing up as their favourite animals and setting off on a charity walk.
The youngsters took part in Barnardo’s Big Toddle last year, which saw them dress up as tigers, giraffes and other exotic animals and walk for half a mile to raise money for vulnerable children.
Nurseries and parents are now signing up to take part in this year’s Big Toddle which runs from June 19 to 25 and has the theme of ‘colours.’
The Big Toddle is marking its 20th anniversary this year by teaming up with Teletubbies, which is also celebrating its 20th anniversary.
Since 1997, the Big Toddle has raised £14.5 million.
You may also want to watch:
Barnardo’s South-East and Anglia regional director, Jonathan Whalley, said: “A huge thank you to everyone who will be taking part in this year’s Big Toddle.
“Last year the event raised almost £600,000 in total which is helping to transform the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“I am excited Barnardo’s has teamed up with the Teletubbies, some of the most popular characters in TV history, for this year’s event. Both will be celebrating their 20th anniversary so it promises to be a fantastic party.”