Driver taken to hospital following collision in Chatteris town centre
The driver of one of the vehicles involved in this morning’s collision in Chatteris town centre was taken to hospital.
The Policing Fenland Facebook page posted during this morning’s rush hour that emergency services were at the scene of the Park Street junction with Market Hill.
They were called at around 7:20am following reports of a collision between two vehicles, one of which was a red Volkswagen Up.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to release the driver of one of the vehicles involved.
The patient was then taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital in Huntingdon for a medical assessment and further treatment.
A later update on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “The driver of one of the cars needed cutting out and has been taken off to hospital as a precaution, however their injuries are not believed to be serious, thankfully!
“A passenger in the same car was treated for minor injuries at the scene and the drive of the other vehicle was uninjured.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
The road was closed while the vehicles were recovered. It has since reopened.