Chatteris Town Football Club left devastated after thieves steal ride on mower - latest setback following previous break-ins
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland football club has been left devastated after thieves stole their ride on mower.
Chatteris Town Football Club said the mower was stolen sometime last Wednesday “and police are aware but we fear it’s long gone”.
Club chairman Julian Young said: “If anybody does know of its whereabouts then please contact the police or a member of the football club.
“Unfortunately, this now means we cannot cut our pitches and the cost of getting someone in to do it is not an option long term.
“If anyone can help us out with cutting our pitches we would be eternally grateful”.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Young said: “This is the latest setback this hard working club has had after previous clubhouse and changing room break-ins.
“The club has just committed to improvements to drainage in the summer and there is also some further works required to suit building regulations following our recent refurbishment, meaning any surplus cash is committed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
“It is now the time of year where pitches and surrounding grass needs cutting once per week.”
He added: “This set back is soul destroying to all the busy, hard working committee, helpers and players and we appeal for information on it’s return and/or assistance of loan/rental equipment for the future weeks.”