Chatteris Town left reeling after thieves take 18 footballs worth £600 from changing rooms
- Credit: Archant
A batch of valuable footballs worth hundreds of pounds have been stolen from Chatteris Town’s changing rooms.
In total, 18 balls were taken with an estimated value of £600 - 10 match balls which cost £30-£50 each and eight warm up footballs worth £10-15 each.
The club has issued a warning that anyone trespassing at the ground will be prosecuted.
Chairman Julian Young, posting on Facebook, said: “It seems more likely that some youths have managed to break into our changing rooms. The damage is we have lost 18 match and warm up footballs.
“One of the ball bags has been found empty in the surrounding trees..
You may also want to watch:
“Ten of these were match balls at £30-50 to replace the others are mixed ones which would cost £10-15 to replace. That’s around £550-600 we have lost.
“I warn the youth of Chatteris many of these balls are very distinctive. They can not be brought from any sports shop or sports equipment supplier. No one other than a member of the club would have possession of them.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“If seen we will want them back and may even involve the police.”