Chatteris woman encourages people to become members of Cambridgeshire hospital
- Credit: Archant
A CHATTERIS woman is encouraging people to have their say on the development and future of Papworth Hospital.
Papworth Hospital, the UK’s largest heart and lung hospital, currently has about 10,000 members.
Jean Lawson, who has twice been a patient at the Cambridge Hospital, says people with an interest in the hospital should sign up.
She said: “As a former nurse I really enjoy attending the membership events, listening to the different talks on circulation and the heart.
“It’s a great way to meet new people who have a connection with Papworth.
“My husband and I have also been volunteering at Papworth for five years. It is our way of giving something back to this fantastic hospital.”
Anyone over the age of 16 and living within one of Papworth Hospital’s membership constituencies can join.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
Members receive a quarterly newsletter, get to attend hospital membership events, vote in governor elections or even becoming a hospital governor.
Papworth Hospital treats more than 23,500 inpatient and day cases and nearly 59,000 outpatients each year from across the UK.
To find out more about becoming a member please visit www.papworthmembership.com or call 01480 364657.