Chatteris woman encourages people to become members of Cambridgeshire hospital
- Credit: Archant
A CHATTERIS woman is encouraging people to have their say on the development and future of Papworth Hospital.
Papworth Hospital, the UK’s largest heart and lung hospital, currently has about 10,000 members.
Jean Lawson, who has twice been a patient at the Cambridge Hospital, says people with an interest in the hospital should sign up.
She said: “As a former nurse I really enjoy attending the membership events, listening to the different talks on circulation and the heart.
“It’s a great way to meet new people who have a connection with Papworth.
You may also want to watch:
“My husband and I have also been volunteering at Papworth for five years. It is our way of giving something back to this fantastic hospital.”
Anyone over the age of 16 and living within one of Papworth Hospital’s membership constituencies can join.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Members receive a quarterly newsletter, get to attend hospital membership events, vote in governor elections or even becoming a hospital governor.
Papworth Hospital treats more than 23,500 inpatient and day cases and nearly 59,000 outpatients each year from across the UK.
To find out more about becoming a member please visit www.papworthmembership.com or call 01480 364657.