Macmillan fund raiser success at Chatteris club
- Credit: Archant
A charity has thanked Chatteris Working Men’s Club for raising money for them at a successful event.
A bingo tombola was held at the club to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Josephine Fried, one of the charity’s fund raisers, said: “The event was organised by Ann Bailes and Margaret Ward and raised an amazing £700 for the charity.
“Members of the local March, Chatteris and District fund raising group for Macmillan Cancer Support express sincere thanks to Ann and Margaret for their efforts and to members of the Working Men’s Club for their generosity.
“These funds will help those affected by cancer locally and also provide grants to those struggling financially as a result of their cancer treatments.”
Macmillan have a range of events throughout the year from running, cycling, swimming, bake sales and trekking. To get involved visit their website.
A spokesman for the charity praised local fund raising initiatives and said: “We want the voices of people affected by cancer to be at the heart of our campaigns. And with your support we can make sure their voices are heard.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
By supporting our campaigns you can help improve the day-to-day lives of cancer patients and their families.