Cheers for the community support - Tesco raises almost £16,000 for good causes in nine months
- Credit: Archant
A superstore is celebrating after raising almost £16,000 for good causes in just nine months.
A host of local community groups have been taken under the wing of Tesco with donations totalling £15,969.899.
Money has been given to organisations ranging from March In Bloom, Estover under 16s, the local Poppy Appeal, March Rangers FC and Heron House.
On a national level money has been sent to charities including the Teenage Cancer Trust, Dementia UK and the British Heart Foundation.
Community champion Kelly Riddell, whose role is to organise fund raising for the store, said: “I took on this job in March last year and can’t believe how much has totalled up for all of the charities we promised to help.
You may also want to watch:
“I never thought it would all be such a success. It’s absolutely amazing.
“Some of it is through collections at tills, some by me going out to community events like gala days with prizes and helping to fund raise while there.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“To achieve this total in such a short space of time is really encouraging. Of course big thanks go to customers who generously donate to the charitable causes when we hold events in store.”
If you are a local group and would like to be supported by Tesco email Kelly on email@example.com or call her on 07933-670242.