Child car seat clinics to be held in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A series of child car seat clinics will be held in Fenland in the coming months.
The clinics, which are organised by Cambridgeshire County Council’s Road Safety Team, will help people who have difficulties fitting a child car seat or are unsure about which one to buy.
Experts from The Good Egg In-Car Child Safety Campaign will be on hand to give free advice and check child car seats.
Clincis will be held in Guyhirn on May 9, Chatteris on June 7 and March on July 3.
Matt Staton, lead road safety officer for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “In speaking to parents at these events it is evident that a lack of awareness is a big issue for them and they benefit from the help we give.
You may also want to watch:
“Many parents are unaware that car seats do not necessarily fit all cars, or are unsure of how tightly the seat or harness should be fitted.
“The aim of this campaign in Cambridgeshire is two-fold. We want to help correct any fitting errors, ensuring parents leave the events able to check and re-fit the seat themselves.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Also we want to give parents information about child car seats which they can use in purchasing new seats and pass on to friends and family.”
Schedule: May 9, 11am-4pm, Play2Day, The Old Station Yard, Gull Road, Guyhirn; June 7, 11am-4pm, Co-operative Food, Bridge Street, Chatteris; July 3, 9:30am-2:30pm, March and District Children’s Centre, Cavalry Drive, March.