‘Child Friendly Church Award’ given to Whittlesey Methodist United Reformed Church
PUBLISHED: 16:05 11 September 2017
The congregation at Whittlesey Methodist United Reformed Church was presented with the Child Friendly Church Award.
The award was presented by Jane Henderson on behalf of the United Reformed Church Children’s and Youth Work Committee.
The award was given for the “high standard of provision for children and young people within the church” said a spokesman.
The award was put on display at the Messy Church tent in St Mary’s Church yard as part of Whittlesey Festival on Sunday.
A Child Friendly Church award means that a local congregation:
• has a comprehensive and shared vision for children’s and youth work
• provides good opportunities for the voices of children and young people to be heard
• takes seriously and responds to feedback from children and young people
• provides opportunities for children and young people to be involved in planning, organising and delivering child friendly church services
• makes suitable provision for under 5s in church
• provides groups and organisations to help nurture children and young people
• takes safeguarding, health & safety and first aid seriously
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.