Chatteris man, 21, facing trial on charges of sexual activity with children, the youngest of whom was 10
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man from Chatteris has appeared in court facing multiple charges involving sexual activity with children, the youngest of whom was 10.
Benjamin Free of New Road appeared before magistrates in Peterborough on Friday (August 2); he was sent for trial.
Free faces a total of 12 charges all under the Sexual Offences Act of 2003. He was remanded in custody and is expected to next make an appearance at Peterborough Crown Court on August 30.
All of the offences are alleged to have taken place in Chatteris over a seven month period last year.
Six allegations involve a 10-year-old girl, two involve a 12-year-old, and three relate to incidents with a 14-year-old girl. The remaining charge alleges sexual activity with girl under the age of 13, her specific age is not recorded in the charge sheet.
You may also want to watch:
The court ordered that live television links be used to enable Free to take part in reviews prior to a crown court date being fixed for his trial.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal