Children at Cavalry Primary School in March take part in ‘book week’ activities
- Credit: Archant
Children at Cavalry Primary School in March held a series of events as part of its ‘book week’.
Amy Ellis, assistant headteacher, said: “We have taken part in lots of book and story-based activities and competitions.
“On Wednesday we were joined by the author James Campbell, who spent time with each year group, from nursery to Year 6.
“He told stories and answered questions from the children.
“The hall was filled with laughter as the children enjoyed his funny tales.
You may also want to watch:
“On Friday we had staff and children dressing as book characters, which was a great end to the week.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years