Children come face to face with tarantulas, scorpions and pythons at March pet store’s reptile party
SHOPPERS got up close and personal with tarantulas, scorpions and pythons at a pet store’s first reptile party.
Saturday’s event at The Pet Shop, in March, was so popular that plans are already being made to host another reptile party next Easter.
Matt Willis, who helped organise the event, was thrilled with the turnout.
He said: “It was definitely a success. Children who used to be scared of the animals were able to get over their fears and get their photos taken with them. Some even stroked and touched the creatures.”
Matt believes occasions like these can help tackle people’s phobias about certain species.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was good to be able to challenge people’s preconceptions of what animals are like and an event like this may inspire children to work with animals in the future.
“It will certainly teach them to respect the creatures.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder