Children explore the magical, mindboggling, marvellous Roald Dahl at Angles Theatre’s half-term workshops
- Credit: Archant
Children took part in three days of challenging and entertaining drama workshops at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech – all with a Roald Dahl theme.
The activities during half-term week ended with a RATz performance of George’s Marvellous Medicine.
Workshops were held for two age groups, five to eight years and nine to 12 years. Each day a different Roald Dahl story was explored.
Children ended each day with a mini performance for family and friends to demonstrate what they had achieved during the day.
On Friday evening, and twice on Saturday, RATz, the Angles’ award-winning amateur theatre company, performed George’s Marvellous Medicine.
A small cast of four adults and one child thrilled the audiences with this outrageous comedy, one of Dahl’s most popular stories.
Stephen Hayter, National Operatic and Dramatic Association area representative, saw the opening performance. He thoroughly enjoyed it and said: “Yet another superb and entertaining Angles RATz production, congratulations.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
The show was directed by a guest director from Top and Tails Theatre Company in Norwich who, also ran the workshops during the week.