Children explore the magical, mindboggling, marvellous Roald Dahl at Angles Theatre’s half-term workshops
- Credit: Archant
Children took part in three days of challenging and entertaining drama workshops at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech – all with a Roald Dahl theme.
The activities during half-term week ended with a RATz performance of George’s Marvellous Medicine.
Workshops were held for two age groups, five to eight years and nine to 12 years. Each day a different Roald Dahl story was explored.
Children ended each day with a mini performance for family and friends to demonstrate what they had achieved during the day.
On Friday evening, and twice on Saturday, RATz, the Angles’ award-winning amateur theatre company, performed George’s Marvellous Medicine.
You may also want to watch:
A small cast of four adults and one child thrilled the audiences with this outrageous comedy, one of Dahl’s most popular stories.
Stephen Hayter, National Operatic and Dramatic Association area representative, saw the opening performance. He thoroughly enjoyed it and said: “Yet another superb and entertaining Angles RATz production, congratulations.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The show was directed by a guest director from Top and Tails Theatre Company in Norwich who, also ran the workshops during the week.