Theft of Dan & Dave Chatteris2Tokyo collection box in aid of Children In Need leaves mum ‘absolutely appalled and disgusted’
- Credit: Archant
“I am absolutely appalled and disgusted” - those were the words of Kathy Whittaker, mum of one half of Chatteris fundraising duo Dan & Dave: Chatteris2Tokyo after a collection box in aid of their Children in Need fundraiser was stolen.
The charity collection tin was taken from the Applegreen filling station in Bridge Street, Chatteris, at just before 2pm on November 1 and police have since released a CCTV image of a woman they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Mrs Whittaker said on social media: “I am absolutely appalled and disgusted that someone would steal one of the Dan and Dave Chatteris2Tokyo charity boxes.
“The police have been informed and said person has been caught on CCTV. I am so angry right now.
“How anyone can steal a charity box and sleep at night is beyond me.”
You may also want to watch:
Dan Handley and Dave Brooks travelled 13,800 miles from Chatteris to Tokyo in less than 60 days and raised around £4,000 for Children in Need.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting 35/42462/18 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage