Fundraising pyjama days and painting spots at Chatteris nursery for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
A week of fundraising from pyjama days to a teddy bears picnic took place at a Chatteris nursery in aid of Children in Need.
Around £168 was raised by Clarence House to help disadvantaged young people across the UK.
The week started with a pyjama day, then on Tuesday there was a teddy bears picnic and Wednesday was favourite costume day.
On Thursday there was a cake sale and on Friday a ‘wear your spots’ to nursery day.
Children and staff spent time creating Pudsey’s with paint and tubes.
A Pudsey cake was donated by Nita Kennerly at Sweet Retreat, which raffle tickets were sold for.
Charlotte Walton, manager, said: “The children and staff have had a lovely week, talking about coloured spots on Pudsey, their favourite bears and who they are going to share their cakes with.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
“Not only have we raised money, we have used this as an opportunity to further our children’s learning.”
The nursery will also be hosting a festive family fundraiser on December 16 to raise money for St Barnabas Hospice.
If any companies would like to donate raffle prizes, the nursery would be grateful.