Chip pan fire in Chatteris café leads to warning from crews
- Credit: Archant
A chip pan caught fire at a café in Bridge Street, Chatteris, yesterday morning.
Two crews from Wisbech were called to the incident at 8.53am.
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the flames.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We advise people not to attempt to tackle a chip pan fire and to never throw water onto one as this will set fire to much more as a result.”
Crews returned to their station by 10.44am and the cause of the fire was deemed accidental.