Chip pan fire in Chatteris café leads to warning from crews

PUBLISHED: 09:57 11 October 2016 | UPDATED: 09:57 11 October 2016

Chip pan fire in Chatteris café leads to warning from crews.

Chip pan fire in Chatteris café leads to warning from crews.

Archant

A chip pan caught fire at a café in Bridge Street, Chatteris, yesterday morning.

Two crews from Wisbech were called to the incident at 8.53am.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a dry powder extinguisher to extinguish the flames.

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We advise people not to attempt to tackle a chip pan fire and to never throw water onto one as this will set fire to much more as a result.”

Crews returned to their station by 10.44am and the cause of the fire was deemed accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times