Chip shop badly damaged after extractor unit catches fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a fish and chip takeaway is believed to have started in an extractor unit.
Firefighters from Soham and Newmarket were called to the Poppies Fish Bar, in Churchgate Street, Soham, on Saturday, at about 8pm.
Crews arrived to find a fire had broken out in the extractor unit.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and a jet to extinguish the fire.
A turntable aerial ladder from Cambridge also attended to assist with fighting the fire from the roof. Thermal imaging cameras were used to locate hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 11.20pm.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire