Chippy to batter it out for regional title
PETROU Bros are through to the next stage of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year competition. Mark Petrou, owner of the Chatteris chippy, will now batter it out in the regional finals of the competition against Graham Adderson, of the Downham Fryer in Do
PETROU Bros are through to the next stage of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year competition.
Mark Petrou, owner of the Chatteris chippy, will now batter it out in the regional finals of the competition against
Graham Adderson, of the Downham Fryer in Downham Market, to become the Eastern England champion.
The winner will then compete with 10 other regional finalists from across the UK to become the best in the land.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, whose family also run a fish and chip in Leverington and Bar 23 in March, is overjoyed to have reached this stage in the competition.
He said: "To be crowned the best chippy in our area is a dream come true. I am really grateful to all our customers as it's thanks to their support we've come so far. We are now really excited about the challenge of becoming the best in Eastern England and maybe even the best in Britain."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Twenty-one shops from across the UK will now battle to become the best in their region. Judges will visit the shops over the next month to assess cleanliness, customer service, innovation and of course the quality of their fish and chips.
The regional winners will be announced at the end of October and the overall UK winners will be announced at a London awards ceremony on January 24, 2007, hosted by celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott.