Chippy to batter it out for regional title
PETROU Bros are through to the next stage of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year competition. Mark Petrou, owner of the Chatteris chippy, will now batter it out in the regional finals of the competition against Graham Adderson, of the Downham Fryer in Do
PETROU Bros are through to the next stage of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year competition.
Mark Petrou, owner of the Chatteris chippy, will now batter it out in the regional finals of the competition against
Graham Adderson, of the Downham Fryer in Downham Market, to become the Eastern England champion.
The winner will then compete with 10 other regional finalists from across the UK to become the best in the land.
Mark, whose family also run a fish and chip in Leverington and Bar 23 in March, is overjoyed to have reached this stage in the competition.
He said: "To be crowned the best chippy in our area is a dream come true. I am really grateful to all our customers as it's thanks to their support we've come so far. We are now really excited about the challenge of becoming the best in Eastern England and maybe even the best in Britain."
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
Twenty-one shops from across the UK will now battle to become the best in their region. Judges will visit the shops over the next month to assess cleanliness, customer service, innovation and of course the quality of their fish and chips.
The regional winners will be announced at the end of October and the overall UK winners will be announced at a London awards ceremony on January 24, 2007, hosted by celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott.