Chocolate alert - what you can do
FENLAND Council has become aware that a number of Cadbury chocolate products may have been inadvertently contaminated with Salmonella. Cadbury is conducting a recall of its products in the UK which include the following: 250 gram Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkis
FENLAND Council's markets manager, Mike Chapman, has pulled out all the stops to scour France for a replacement travelling market to replace the one that was forced to drop out just days before they were due to arrive.
Now a market of up to 20 stall holders from Arques La Bataille will be coming to Fenland for the first time and the council is sure local people will turn out in force to try out their wares.
Particularly interesting will be the amazing selection of French cheeses and a French baker who will be baking his wares on-site. Other speciality French products on sale will include biscuits, crepes, jams and olives.
The French traders will be in Wisbech Market Place today, Whittlesey Market Square tomorrow and March Market Place on Sunday. The day for the March market has been changed from a Thursday to Sunday to attract families.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chapman said: "I searched the length and breadth of France for a replacement market and found one in the nick of time that had a spare weekend. I'm sure that now we have changed the March venue date from a Thursday to a Sunday, more March families will be able to come out and enjoy the French market experience.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover