Chocs away - the children at Caterpillar Child Care in Chatteris do their bit for Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
There are two certainties in life – night will follow day and kids who see a chocolate cake will leave much of it on their faces.
And so it proved at Caterpillar Child Care in Chatteris as parents supported the staff in staging a coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Not that some of the children had helped- most had watched their parents in the kitchen at home making a selection for the fund raising day.
But at the coffee morning itself it was time for the cakes- chocolate of course being a favourite- to be eaten
Siobhan Brookes of the child care centre said: “It was a coffee and juice morning in aid of Macmillan. The children took part in games and enjoyed lots of cake that they had kindly baked at home with their parents.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We dressed in green and had fun with balloons.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash