Choose where county council cash should be spent during roadshow at Wisbech Library
RESIDENTS of Wisbech can have a say in how Cambridgeshire County Council spends its budget at a special roadshow on Monday.
The event is part of ‘You Choose’ - a county-wide survey that asks residents to put themselves in the seat of councillors and make decisions about where to invest and save cash.
Council staff will be in Wisbech Library from 10am-1pm on Monday as part of a series of roadshows across the region.
The county council has to save �37million over the next year. It saved �40million last year and a further �42million this financial year.
These savings have to be made while supporting and investing in services such as adult social care, protecting children, boosting the economy and looking after roads and transport.
You may also want to watch:
Surveys online and in person allow residents to show the council what decisions they would make regarding Council Tax levels and individual service levels and budgets.
People are able to leave their own ideas and, at the roadshows, talk to councillors and officers about the budget and the priorities it should concentrate on.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
To complete the survery online visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/budgetconsultation