Christening” event within Isle campus
- Credit: Archant
Former students returned to the Isle campus to join others and staff in a special “christening” ceremony.
Being christened was the new ArtSpace studio at the campus of the College of West Anglia.
There were two reasons for the gathering, one to wish students a Happy Christmas and celebrate their efforts by handing out certificates to students who had high achievement or attendance so far and also to christen the new studio.
Some of those returning were happy to talk about their opinions of the Isle campus.
Sally Frost said: “I was fully prepared for university and had the confidence and skills I needed.
You may also want to watch:
“Make the most of the opportunity and get everything out of it that you can.”
And Neal Troughton said: “It has given me the very foundations on which to build upon in further education that in many ways a school could never do.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
“From building a solid portfolio, giving presentations, teamwork and software knowledge to real world experience and working to deadline.”
Mr Troughton tells would-be students: “This is a wonderful chance for you to not only build your knowledge and portfolio, but to make contacts and friendships that will have you not wanting to leave.
“Isle campus is a place of wonder and excitement that has collided with learning in the best way.”