Christian Aid raises funds in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A SPONSORED walk and a united service are two of the highlights of fund raising for Christian Aid Week in Wisbech this month.
Sue Beel of the Wisbech Christian Aid Committee said: “There will also be a street collection in some parts of Wisbech and the villages, and special services and collections in many churches.
“Donations can be taken to the coffee bar at Trinity Methodist Church in Church Terrace. Alternatively, you can give on line at www.caweek.org or call 08080 006 006.”
Christian Aid Week runs from May 12-18. The sponsored walk at Shouldham Warren near Downham Market on Bank Holiday Monday, May 6, starts at 10am. Organiser David Nash said: “There will be a variety of walks available, up to four and a half miles lone. Last year we raised more than £300.” Contact David on 01945 773181 for more details.
The united service will be held at The Salvation Army Citadel on Sunday May 12 at 6.30pm. There will also be a fund raising garden party on Saturday June 8 at 115 March Road, Fridaybridge, from 2pm to 4pm. – 4.00pm.
You may also want to watch:
Sue added: “The need is as great as ever. And, although many people are feeling the pinch, it is clear that many want to support Christian Aid and the work it is doing to help those less fortunate than themselves.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review