Christian Smith electrifies audience at hometown album release show
- Credit: Archant
Christian Smith could not have asked for a more suitable venue or atmosphere to showcase his talent.
The singer-songwriter attracted a healthy following at his 'Revival' album release show on Saturday, providing the audience with a unique blend of Americana rock songs.
Oozing with confidence, hits including 'Chains' and 'Jackson' managed to transform The Sportsman in Chatteris into a hub of electricity.
Throughout the concert, Christian was supported by a backing band, including head of GingerDog Records, Kevin Duncan.
To cap off a fruitful evening, Christian sang 'Auburn Sky', which spiked into the iTunes Country Chart's top five.
You may also want to watch:
Merchandise and albums were also available to buy on the night at the all-ticket event.
After the show, Christian, who prepares for his European Tour with Vincent Knight starting this weekend, said: "I was really pleased with the turnout.
- 1 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 9 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
"It was nice to play the songs to a really attentive hometown audience."
To buy Christian's album, head over to https://christiansmithmusic.bandcamp.com/releases.