Christmas Day baby: Grace Holly born by emergency Caesarean
MARCH couple Jodie Tinsley and Daniel Raine had a very special Christmas Day present - baby Grace Holly was born by emergency Caesarean section just before noon.
Jodie, 20, was rushed into Hinchingbrooke Hospital at Huntingdon during Christmas morning. Baby Grace arrived four-and-a-half weeks early and weighed in at 5lb 5oz.
Proud dad Daniel, 21, said: “Grace is the best Christmas present we could have had.
“She had to go into the special care unit, because she was premature, but she had no breathing problems and apart from needing some help with feeding, she was 100 per cent.
“At first we were told she would have to spend up to four weeks in hospital, but we were delighted when Jodie and Grace were discharged after four days.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything happened very quickly on Christmas morning. There were some anxious moments, as Jodie went to hospital in an ambulance, and my father Tony took me there. We were just relieved that they were both fine.
“We added Holly to her name, to show she was born at Christmas.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Jodie and Daniel live in Creek Road and already had a 23-month-old daughter Jamiee-Louise.
Daniel added: “Jamiee-Louise is thrilled with her baby sister. It was wonderful to have Jodie and Grace home for the New Year.”