Christmas fair success at Heron House in March
- Credit: Archant
A big thank you has been sent to the community for supporting a Christmas fair at a residential care home in March that raised £713.
Heron House hosted the event with a range of activities including Elvis impersonator Ian Coulson.
Manager Tanesh Bhugobaun said: “Elvis was absolutely brilliant. People were up dancing enjoying themselves, what a great atmosphere.
“A really big thank you to everybody who came and supported us, the residents committee, staff and businesses who donated prizes for their raffle.”
The funds will be used for resident trips to see local Christmas light displays, a dinner and a pantomime.
You may also want to watch:
The event was also attended by Tesco community champion Kelly Riddell.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer