Christmas fundraiser to support ex military people to take place at Chatteris Jack’s
- Credit: HARRY RUTTER
Reindeers and elves will be at Jack’s in Chatteris to support a military charity.
The celebration will take place on Sunday (December 8) alongside Walking With The Wounded's charity campaign.
Money raised will be directly support employment, mental health and care coordination programmes for ex military people.
Jack's has also organised a Christmas treasure hunt and has hidden Christmas baubles containing prizes including Jack's gift cards.
Andy Sloan, from Walking With The Wounded, said: "Any donations will support veterans who are socially isolated to get back into work and independence, so that next Christmas they can support themselves and their families."
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Moore, store manager at Jack's Chatteris, said: "We wanted to do something fun for our local community to celebrate the festive season."
The event will take place between 11am and 3pm on Sunday and baubles will be hidden from Friday (December 6).
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover