Christmas lights couple raise thousands for charity thanks to hundreds of lights at their home in Turves.
- Credit: Archant
A sparkling spectacular festive attraction that attracts visitors from miles around has raised more than £18,000 for charity.
Into its third year, the Christmas lights display at Willow Tree House at Turves has raised a massive £18,250 for Cancer Research UK.
Mandy and Robert Dempsey said: “We would like to thank all our volunteers that helped us put this amazing display together for you all and to thank everyone that came and donated for our chosen charity Cancer Research UK.
“This year was the best yet and we have managed to raise a whooping £18,250.”
The couple sent a big thank you to local supermarkets that contributed some of the tubs of Celebrations chocolates that were offered on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually went through 100 tubs of Celebrations this year with 10 tubs donated by Co op Whittlesey, five from Tesco at Stanground and five from Tesco at March.”
The other 80 came from the couple as a small thank you gesture for going to see the lights and donating.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Glowing golden reindeers, a nativity set-up and a pony dressed as Rudolph were just some of hundreds of illuminations spread over Willow House’s three acres of land.
Open from 5 to 9pm every night, the couple’s home at Duncombe’s Road proved to be a major attraction with families travelling from across the region to enjoy the festive display.