Our highlights as hundreds fill the streets for March’s annual Christmas market
- Credit: Ian Carter
Thousands braved the cold weather for the annual Christmas market in March over the weekend – here are some of our highlights.
More than 100 stalls, from fresh food to fairground games, lined the streets along Broad Street and High Street at the event on Sunday, December 1.
Santa Claus was inside his grotto on the market place, along with free rides for the children and a main entertainment stage.
20Twenty Productions once again held their famous Winter Wonderland. This year the theme was The Grinch as the town hall was transformed into Whoville.
There were plenty of gift stalls for attendees to get in those last minute presents ahead of Christmas which is just days away.
You may also want to watch:
One attendee said: "It was my first time visiting the Christmas market and wow what a turn out.
"So many lovely handmade gifts on offer and so reasonable priced I spent far to much, but all worth it."
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Another said: "I spent a couple of hours there this afternoon. Good to see it so well supported. It was interesting and bought a couple of unique items."