CHRISTMAS MESSAGES 2012: A phenomenal year in Whittlesey - the Pride of Fenland
I TRUST that everyone had a good Christmas, but 2012 is about to end and there have been some highs and lows during this year.
On a sad note we lost my fellow district councillor Ken Peachey at the end of July. Ken has been replaced at district council by his fellow ward Councillor Gary Swan, who won a superb victory at the by-election in late October.
This year has been a phenomenal year. We celebrated the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with festivities being held during the day and culminating in the evening with a fantastic firework display.
The town entered the Anglia In Bloom competition and was pleased to win a silver award at its first attempt. We hope to continue entering the competition and would welcome any residents who wish to join us in organising the displays for 2013.
The town also won the Pride of Fenland Award for the second successive year at the Fenland Enterprise Business Awards and is hoping to make it hat-trick in 2013!
You may also want to watch:
I would like to conclude by wishing all the residents of Whittlesey and the villages that make up the town council area a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash