The nine days of Christmas at Peckover House National Trust property in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
All the sparkle, scents and sounds of the festive season will be at the National Trust’s Peckover House when it opens for its Christmas Celebration.
The popular event will see selected rooms decorated with festive foliage and a host of Christmas trees.
In keeping with the Peckover family’s tradition of involvement with the community, many local groups, schools and businesses have contributed their own specially decorated trees, which blend in beautifully with all the floral arrangements.
On Sunday December 10 an extra event in the kitchen will add even more Christmas spirit to the house.
The LEADA interactive re-enactment group, led by Linda Ekins, will become Victorian cooks for the day, taking visitors back in time as they gossip about the world they live in and prepare festive food for the Peckover family.
You may also want to watch:
• The Christmas Celebration at Peckover House is on Saturday 9 to Sunday 17 December, between 11am and last admission at 3.30pm. With music by local choirs and musicians, a special Christmas trail in the garden for children, mulled wine and homemade mince pies available in the Reed Barn, this nine day event promises plenty of sparkle ready for Christmas.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government