Circus show comes to Ely Cathedral as part of London 2012 Festival
EXTRAORDINARY circus skills will be performed in Ely Cathedral when it hosts an internationally-acclaimed show as part of the London 2012 Festival.
The cathedral is one of four UK cathedrals chosen for the UK premiere of How Like An Angel - and tickets are now on sale.
The show was commissioned by the Norfolk & Norwich Festival for the London 2012 Festival, a 12-week celebration coinciding with this summer’s Olympics bringing together leading artists from across the world with the very best from the UK.
How Like an Angel will be a contemplative and exciting theatrical experience – an interplay of music and physical movement, which is both intimate and beautiful.
Members of internationally acclaimed Circa will perform challenging and stunning moves in spaces and shadows around the cathedral to the sounds of I Fagiolini’s 16th and 17th choral music.
You may also want to watch:
Circa’s aerial performers will be propelled into the cathedral’s high open spaces, with the singers of I Fagiolini spread throughout the building below.
The show comes to Ely Cathedral on July 2-3.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
The Festival’s Artistic Director William Galinsky, artistic director of Norfolk & Norwich Festival, said: “We are delighted How Like an Angel has been commissioned as part of the London 2012 cultural celebrations.
“It will be a spectacular performance and an event of international importance showing that our region is fast becoming one of the world’s cultural innovators.”
• Tickets cost �20 (�5 for under-25s). Tickets are available through Ely Cathedral box office on 01353 660349 or via www.elycathedral.org
Alternatively, visit Norfolk & Norwich Festival’s website www.nnfestival.org.uk or contact Norwich Theatre Royal box office on 01603 766400.