Citizens Advice hoping to cut energy bills for East Cambs residents at special event
ELY’S Citizens Advice Bureau is hosting an event which it hopes will help people in East Cambs cut their energy bills by an average of �650 this winter.
As part of Big Energy Saving Week, which runs until Saturday, Ely’s CAB and The 80 percent Company are running an event in the city to help people save money on their energy bills.
Advisors will be talking to visitors about how they can reduce energy consumption, improve insulation in their homes and check to see if they can get a better deal from their energy company.
The event takes place today (Thursday) from 10am-2pm in Ely Market and is one of 400 events taking place across the UK.
Nick Blencowe, of Ely CAB, said: “Big energy bills and rising daily costs are putting extra pressure on household budgets that are already stretched thin.
“We’re worried that some people are finding themselves unnecessarily hard-up because they’re paying more than they have to for their fuel bill and aren’t getting all of the help that’s available to them.
“Through Big Energy Saving Week we’re helping the nation prepare for winter and putting money back in people’s pockets.”
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
Advice is also available online at www.bigenergysavingweek.org.uk, on the phone 0300 123 1234 or through your local CAB.