Doddington’s Claire Smith finishes this year’s London Marathon in four-and-a-half hours for antenatal charity
- Credit: SUPPLIED
A London Marathon runner from the Fens finished this year’s capital sprint in just over four-and-a-half hours – all in aid of an antenatal charity.
Claire Smith from Doddington ran for Antenatal Results and Choices, a charity which helped her through her second pregnancy.
The 37-year-old, whose finish time was 4:31:19, raised more than £1,800 for the charity which supports parents before, during and after antenatal screening.
Ms Smith, a Bodymode Running Club member, raised money through online campaigns, bucket collections and by having a stall at the town’s Christmas fair.
She said: “I had always dreamed of running London since watching it on TV as a child and when the miles got tough I kept reminding myself that I was living my dream!
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere in London was electric, from the journey on the tube to running the last few hundred yards down the Mall.
“Nothing had prepared me for the crowds, it was truly amazing and a day to remember and I would like to thank everyone for their generosity and support.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success