Police officers and firefighters join ‘show of unity’ to clap for our carers outside hospital
- Credit: Policing Fenland
Dozens of emergency service workers joined “an incredible show of unity” to clap for our carers working on the front line during the coronavirus pandemic.
Cambridgeshire police officers and firefighters came together outside Peterborough City Hospital on Thursday evening (April 16) to applaud their medical colleagues.
Incredible pictures and videos from the event show the hospital’s car park full of emergency vehicles flashing their blue lights and sounding their sirens.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Officers from Fenland who make up the Northern District attended an incredible show of unity at Peterborough City Hospital.
“Officers were joined by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue and the East of England Ambulance Services.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers wanted to show their support for the NHS and also give their thanks at this difficult time. Let’s keep going - #StayAtHome Protect the NHS and #Savelives.”
One resident who tuned into a livestream of the event, which was viewed by more than 150,000 people all over the world, praised the NHS’s “brilliant work”.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
They said: “Thank you NHS and all the key workers including police, fire service, people working in social services and public services such as shops. Brilliant work all of you.”
One person added: “I am watching the proceedings live from Zambia. You are doing a great job for humanity. Your efforts and sacrifices are greatly appreciated.”