Fundraising morning at children’s nursery in Chatteris raises funds for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A festive family fundraiser at a children’s nursery in March raised £154 for charity.
The team at Clarence House chose to support and fundraise for St Barnabas Hospice throughout their Christmas celebrations as they “do such an amazing job looking after cancer patients and their families throughout their time in need.”
Charlotte Walton, nursery manager, said: “Many present and future families turned up to the event and joined in with creative crafts including a shaving foam Christmas tree, making magical reindeer food and Christmas tree decorations decorating.
“Staff organised a huge cake sale and sold many raffle tickets.
“We would like to thank all of the companies that donated raffle prizes and to all of the families that turned up to support us. We raised an incredible £154 which gives Clarence House Day nursery a total of £540.42.”
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser was held on Sunday December 16.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept