Clarence House Day Nursery in Chatteris celebrates winning Millie’s Mark Award
- Credit: Archant
Clarence House Day Nursery in Chatteris is celebrating after winning the Millie’s Mark Award.
Lee-Ann Watson, nursery manager, said: “Millie’s Mark is an exceptional achievement for any nursery, as it shows they are going above and beyond minimum requirements in keeping children safe.
“I would like to thank all the Chatteris team for the effort they put in to achieving this award and we will continue to ensure we are always improving where we can.”
A spokesman said: “The Millie’s Mark Award is an endorsement to childcare providers that go above and beyond the minimum requirements by having 100 per cent of staff trained in paediatric first aid and also ensuring that everything learnt during the course is kept alive and in the forefront of practitioners’ minds so that they are confident, ready and capable.
Millie’s Mark was named after Millie Thompson, who died after choking on food at a nursery in 2012 - she was only nine-months-old.
You may also want to watch:
Millie’s parents founded the Millie’s Trust and campaigned successfully for changes to the first aid requirements.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages