?Clases de espa�ol pr�ximamente en los Fens: Spanish lessons coming to the Fens
A BUSINESSWOMAN is set to bring a touch of the Mediterranean to the Fens by starting Spanish lessons in the district.
Harriet Tuckett lived on the Costa Blanca for 11 years before returning to the UK to read Spanish at the University of Chester.
With a wealth of cultural experience under her belt and a BA honours degree the 23-year-old is now bringing her business, The Spanish Academy, to Tilney St Lawrence.
Miss Tuckett said: “When I set my business up in Fritton (near Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft) last year I had an amazing response so I’m sure it’ll be popular in the Fens now I’ve moved here.
“If you want to learn a language it helps being surrounded by people that speak it - and I’ve had that advantage. That way you pick things up, like when you want to order a cup of coffee, and you begin to understand the culture.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m passionate about Spanish, I’m fluent in the language, and I feel like Spain is my home. I love teaching it.”
Miss Tuckett is offering individuals of all ages the opportunity to learn Spanish in small group classes or on a one-to-one basis in a “relaxed and friendly atmosphere” in School Road.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The qualified teacher hosts courses ranging from beginner to advanced level and gives expert advice for GCSE and A-Level students.
Courses last for 10 weeks, with one-hour lessons per week, and at beginner’s level topics such as daily routines and social life are introduced.
Miss Tuckett said: “Classes are ideal for people who go to Spain regularly on holiday.
“Learning a language can sometimes become quite mechanical but I’m trying to help people learn the culture too.”
The business woman is also renovating new premises to host lessons.
• For more information contact 07967399335, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or follow @Spanacademy on Twitter.