Class of ‘96 are due to reunite 20 years after enjoying Neale Wade’s first prom
- Credit: Archant
Neale Wade’s class of 96, who were the first year to have an end of year prom, are set to get back together again - two decades after enjoying the red carpet event.
The students campaigned to get a summer prom up and running alongside a campaign to be the first year to make ties standard for girls.
The reunion is set to take place in August next year and is aimed at being a family event so that past students can bring along partners and children.
One of the organisers, Col Pope, 34, said: “So far it has all been done through Facebook and out of 350 pupils there are 150 who have confirmed they want to attend.
“We want it to be a family occasion and are currently looking for the right venue along with entertainment to make it a great event for everybody. We are looking for support from local businesses who may be able to help make this a great event.”
You may also want to watch:
The day has been provisionally booked for August 6 2016.
If you would like more information or can get involved helping to organise the reunion contact Col Pope through Facebook or by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines