Classic and vintage cars to parade through town at March Summer Festival 2016
- Credit: Archant
Expect to see many classic and vintage cars when the sought-after vehicles parade their way through Broad Street and High Street, March as part of the town’s summer festival next month.
“This year’s event is going to be bigger and better than ever before,” said former Mayor of March, Councillor Rob Skoulding.
“I want people to go and talk to the owners and ask for the history of the cars, because everyone has a story.
“This is the third year we have had these cars in the parade and it’s getting better every year.
“These cars are lovingly looked after and cared for and trigger lots of old memories – last year one man told us he got married in a Ford similar to that in the parade.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be a shame not to see them, so come out with your family and make it a proper day out.”
Ray Howes, classic car parade manager, will be showcasing his 1967 Ford Corsair 2000 Executive as well as a Cadillac and airstream caravan from America.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
He said: “There will be stacks of cars that owners will be happy to talk about all day.
“It’s going to be a fantastic parade with a display of trikes, we have a rare Bond three-wheeler coming and a Jaguar: we’ve really got all sorts coming!”
Wisbech & District Historic Vehicle Club and Wolseley Owners Club will be at the festival and, Wisbech’s Vivien fire engine will lead the parade.
March Summer Festival takes place from June 10 to 12 and is expected to attract thousands of people to the town.
There is also a walking parade which is based on the theme of Top of the Pops and people are encouraged to come in fancy dress from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
If you would like to showcase car classic or vintage car, contact Ray Howes on 07979 704562.