Classic car rally revs into action to launch March Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant
Taking it back to the good old days of motoring will be a trail of classic cars heading up a weekend of activities at the March summer festival.
Among the cars taking part will be Albert, a black 1951 Daimler DB18 Consort which is owned by Garry and Marnie Dodkin of Wisbech.
The motor, which is mainly original, is a regular at car shows and can be seen when the parade starts proceedings on Saturday June 13 at 12.15.
The classic vehicle parade is sponsored by Bruce Smith and organised by Ray Howes.
Leading the parade of vehicles will be Vivien the fire engine as a fitting tribute to the late Patsy Brewin.
You may also want to watch:
The walking parade following behind will be led by Sambando Samba Band and the Gala Princess along with her attendant in a horse-drawn carriage provided by George Sharman.
It will set off shortly after the floats and walking groups representing local organisations and businesses.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
The Bruce Smith trophy for best classic vehicle along with Skoulding trophy for best group and the Mallett trophy for best individual will be awarded after the opening of the event at 1.45pm on the stage in West End Park which then kicks off a weekend of dance, music, fancy dress and fun for all the family.
Friday night sees Rock in the Park with Hail the Horror, Dispossession, Kaine, Stringfinger and Exist Immortal.
Saturday night is Pop In The Park with Scooted and Booted, John Preston Tribute band, Whiskey Twist and Aladdinsane.
On Sunday it is time to bring out alfresco dining with Picnic In the park with entertainment from Chatteris Town Band, MADAOS, Ivan Garford’s Hell Fire Club and Cat in the Mangle.