Classic vehicles turn heads in a road run around the Fens
- Credit: Archant
A convoy of classic car owners turned heads as they enjoyed a 60-mile drive around the Fens before converging on Wisbech for an annual show.
Around 220 cars including old buses, lorries, a taxi, vintage caravans, a bike and vans were among the vehicles which were shined and shimmering for the successful sunny day event.
Chairman of the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club, Derek Bond, said: “We definitely turned heads on the road run. There were people lining the roads to see all the vehicles go past. It’s a hell of a lot of fun. People are going by with cameras, others are waving.
“The rally was very well supported, a lot of people turned out to see the vehicles, so all round a real success.”
The road run took people from Wisbech to Long Sutton, Holbeach, Peterborough and then back via Wisbech St Mary.
Following the road run the vehicles gathered in Somers Road car park where the public had a chance to wander around the cars and chat to owners.
Mr Bond said: “A lot of people don’t know about us. We are always looking for new members.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 7 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 10 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
You don’t have to own a classic vehicle to join either - just have a passion for them. For information call Mr Bond on 01354-680466.