Classic vehicles turn heads in a road run around the Fens
- Credit: Archant
A convoy of classic car owners turned heads as they enjoyed a 60-mile drive around the Fens before converging on Wisbech for an annual show.
Around 220 cars including old buses, lorries, a taxi, vintage caravans, a bike and vans were among the vehicles which were shined and shimmering for the successful sunny day event.
Chairman of the Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club, Derek Bond, said: “We definitely turned heads on the road run. There were people lining the roads to see all the vehicles go past. It’s a hell of a lot of fun. People are going by with cameras, others are waving.
“The rally was very well supported, a lot of people turned out to see the vehicles, so all round a real success.”
The road run took people from Wisbech to Long Sutton, Holbeach, Peterborough and then back via Wisbech St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Following the road run the vehicles gathered in Somers Road car park where the public had a chance to wander around the cars and chat to owners.
Mr Bond said: “A lot of people don’t know about us. We are always looking for new members.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
You don’t have to own a classic vehicle to join either - just have a passion for them. For information call Mr Bond on 01354-680466.