Clean up your rec
RESIDENTS of Chatteris are invited to join the Chatteris Street Pride Group on Saturday October 6 to help them clean up the Wenny Road recreation area for a couple of hours. The Chatteris Street Pride group is made up of local residents and members of sev
RESIDENTS of Chatteris are invited to join the Chatteris Street Pride Group on Saturday October 6 to help them clean up the Wenny Road recreation area for a couple of hours.
The Chatteris Street Pride group is made up of local residents and members of several local community organisations. The Street Pride scheme helps members of the community to work together with Fenland Council to improve their neighbourhood for the benefit of all.
Improvements can be made using a variety of methods including community litter picks, planting additional flowers, creation of a wildlife area or simply reporting environmental problems to the council using new and improved reporting mechanisms.
Volunteers will meet at 2:30pm at the Wenny Road recreation area. Litter pick equipment, including litter pickers, high visibility vests, gloves and bags will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
The clean up events are great fun, good exercise and ideal for meeting like -minded people. Refreshments will be provided afterwards.
For more information on the Chatteris Street Pride group, contact Richard Cross on 07885 499824 or Sue Elam on 07743 055916.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
For further information on any aspect of the Street Pride scheme, please contact Lotte Peeters, Street Pride Coordinator, on 01354 622449.